Change Building Component Inventory according to mapped construction

Hi community

I’m currently testing out the construction mapping feature. I can see that there is a useful interior wall in the construction library with steel joists, 2x2 layers of gypsum and paint.

This was useful for many building componen types. However, I also have interior walls with 2x3 layers of gypsum.

If I drag and drop this construction from the library with 2x2 layers of gypsum on my building componen type with 2x3 layers of gypsum, I dont’s get any error. Actually, it’s seemingly not possible to see which material was mapped where. Does my building componen type contain 2x2 or 2x3 layers now? Does KV8 - Blød isolering include 36 m2 of all the layers from the mapped construction and KV8 - Gips 219 m2 of all the layers - because that would clearly be wrong.

In my mind, one of the two outcomes should come from the mapping

1. The four layers that wasn’t included in my building componen types (in this case 4 layers of paint) is added to my building componen types and it is clearly visible which material is mapped where

2. The construction is only mapped to the given building componen types. This could e.g. be visualize as the type (Walls: 224 007) becoming green while the underlying materials (Blød isolering and Gips) get another colour, such as grey. By clicking on my type, it should be easily possible to see the material build-up of the assigned construction.

Hi Mark

In this case you are mapping a complete construction (with all the layers included as in the picture) on to the material “KV8 Blød isolering” which has only the quantity for Insulation. You can see that under the name that it is the complete construction you mapped with. It will not seperate materials out of a construction.

What could be done is to make a Gypsum construction with 3 layers of gypsum and paint, then map that on to the “KV8 - Gips”. The make a construction with a inhomogenous layer of joist and insulation and map that on to "KV8 - Blød isolering.

Hope this is helpful!

Best regards,
Mads

1 Like

Ahh okay, so a full construct from the Constructions Library like the one in this example is best for early-stage models, where walls, etc. are modelled as one component without sublayers, right?

Your suggestion to subdivide the constructions makes sense :+1: