Construction build-up from Revit export

Hi community

I’ve just exported my first Revit model to RTLCA and am comparing the exported data to my Revit model. Under Type, it looks like RTLCA compiles every material type in each construction. This makes it hard to investigate whether something is missing in the model.

Here is an example:

Our Revit model contains interior walls with 3x gypsum, insulation and 3x gypsum

In RTLCA, the output looks as follows

If I click on each material, I can see that there is 36,64 m2 insulation and 219,87 m2 gypsum. I can manually check that the 219,87 equals the 6 layers by saying 219,87/36,64 ~ 6 pc. However, this is a slow process, if I have to do this manually for every type in the model.

Is there a setting that lets me see the construction layers individually in RTLCA like it has been modelled in Revit?

1 Like

Hi Mark

Thank you for the question.
As it is now it is not possible since the naming is the same. There is not a function where you can turn this off in RTLCA, but you have to name the layer in Revit differently fx. inner and outer layer.

It is a very good point, and we will think about a way to incorporate it in the future.

Best regards,
Mads

Hi @MarkLabrosse

Welcome to our community! We’re already loving the feedback!
If time allows you can introduce yourself here;
https://community.realtimelca.com/t/introduce-yourself/32

To add my five cents to your question; currently it is a limitation in the Revit API to get each material layer, why it is aggregated. Try to make a Material Schedule in Revit for that same Interior Wall.
That being said we are currently looking at different workarounds to get the level of detail you’re interested in.

:v:

Sad news, the team at Autodesk is usually quite slow when it comes to feature requests :sweat_smile: We will cross fingers that you guys find a solution of sorts :crossed_fingers:

Thanks for the swift replies!

2 Likes