Changelog: New Insights View đź“Š

Greetings @Community :confetti_ball:

Hope you’re all back from a nice summerholiday break. :sun_with_face:
Here’s an overview of what we have been working on lately during weeks 28 - 34 - and this release is a big one.

Insights release

Features

• Completely new view that we call Insights :bar_chart: and it is packed with new functionality:

• Users are now able to change the Indicator and Unit directly in the Insights view. Want to see the emission in kgCO2-eq per square meter? No problem! Interested in the Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP)? We got you covered. We are continuously expanding both Indicators and Units.
    • We made it possible to make filters to the Stages - which filters all graphs.
    • A generic Excel export option that is not tied to any template, but simply just export the active Insights data. :inbox_tray:
    • Cool animated and responsive graphs with a more calm colour scheme :sunglasses:
    • We now better communicate the mapping status for Materials and Transport (if added in the Project Settings) with some conditional colour formatting. The same applies to the Emission overview :art:
    • In addition to existing graphs like Emission Overview and Emission by X, Y, Z, etc. we now also show Project Data directly on the page which gives the users and viewers a better understanding of the basic data like Calculation type, Areas and Location. :round_pushpin:
    • We now provide more information in the tooltips :mag_right:

The list might not seem like a lot, but trust me - we will soon expand the functionality on the Insights view with:

• Drilldown functionality
    • A flexible, filterable and searchable Project Breakdown table
  • We have started the journey towards adding Iceland, Norway and Sweden to the list of supported countries by enabling address inputs for those specific countries.

• Added more EPD’s to the Library which was requested by our user. You can do the same here: New Topic for EPDS Requests

Improvements

• The new Insights view is not only packed with new features it has also been optimized in terms of performance, speed and flexibility.
  • The graph components has been changed throughout the entire platform.
  • Improve the lifetime table so that the left pane is locked, which make it easier to read when scrolling vertical.

Bugs

• Fixed a bug where when the user changed the model in the Building Component Inventory the search is taken on to the next model without displaying it in the search field.
  • Fixed a bug where the Valid to field in Material Creation was reset if the input form was invalid upon creation.
  • Fixed bugs in EPDs.

Additional notes

1 Like

Tak Martin

Med venlig hilsen

Jesper Hebsgaard - NTI A/S

Direkte: +45 44 35 07 45

1 Like

Hej Martin

Mange rigtigt gode ting, men jeg mangler denne:

Laver I en video, hvor I fokuserer pĂĄ nyhederne?

Med venlig hilsen

Jesper Hebsgaard - NTI A/S

Direkte: +45 44 35 07 45

Hej Jesper

Den kommer snarest sammen med andre gode ting.
Jeg ved @Inga er i gang med at lave en video.

Great changes! The new layout gives a better overview.

Would it be possible to add a button here called Insights? That way, it becomes easier to go back and forth between mapping and checking the overview.

In my mind, having the following buttons would make sense:
Project info > Model link > Material mapping > Insights > Report > Others

Project info: During the course og the project, the project info usually changes - areas might change, energy use might changes, etc. So having that feature more accessible makes sense
Model link: Manage speckle stream and select linked models
Others: Manage users and delete project.

Insights could also be at the start, as it is the starting page, when you open a project.

1 Like

Hi Mark!

Thanks for your feedback. We are really happy to hear that the new layout gives a better overview :tada:

When you click on a project (not on the 3 dots to click “go to mapping”) it should take you directly to insights page as the start.

But great input, we really appreciate it and I’ll forward it to the development team. :smiley:

Good input Mark - Thanks… We will take it into our planning.

Any idea on when to expect “Drilldown functionality”? I am looking forward.

Hi @Julian3000

We will hopefully start working on it in this release cycle meaning 2 weeks from now (no guarantees though :wink: )

1 Like