EPD and how do real time work

Hello,

I miss a material / EPD for “Silkavægge”

1. and how does Real-time LCA work when I map a material? Let’s say I have a wall that is 400 mm thick – 200 mm back wall and 200 mm insulation. Can it automatically calculate when, for example, I map insulation with “mineraluld alm.” that the insulation layer is 200 mm?

2. There appears to be a missing material without impact (air/void) for use when creating inhomogeneous layers, such as spaced sheathing. How do we work around this? lets say spaced sheathing pr. 450 mm. how do you create that?

Hi Mathias
Silkavægge we will add asap.

1. it depends on how it is modelled in your design tool and if the value is in m2 or m3. You can see that by clicking on the material.
  2. Here you can calculate the the studs fx manually and give that as an input. It will not be an inhomogenous layer but just a material with small dimensions. We cannot add air since it is not a material with any valid data. But we are looking for a way to handle it better.

Best regards
Mads

Hi Mathias,

Could you provide a link of the exact EPD that you want us to insert into RTLCA? I unfortunately couldn’t find any EPD for Silkavæg. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Inga

unfortunately i cant link a PDF, i dont know why…

1 Like

Hi Mathias,

I’ve added the EPD to our library! :smile:

Best regards,
Inga

1 Like