Request: Add buffer to calculation

Hi guys

I have another “nice-to-have” feature request. In the earlier project stages, our 3D models lack a lot of information. To account for the lower level of detail, most practitioners add a buffer to the results. I like using the suggested values in Værdibyg Vejledning 51 - LCA-processen (page 23).

So having the possibility to add a buffer, would be nice :slight_smile:

NB
The alternative is to aim for a lower value at a given stage (e.g. 10,2 kg CO2/m2/year at Projektforslag instead of 12), but my experience is that neither developers nor contractors understand this approach :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Also on top of that, would like the “Emissions overview” to be more informative:
Which phases are included in the main goal?
Possibility to set multiple goals - like A1-A5 must be under xx kg CO2e… within projects general goal - phases according to BR18.

1 Like

Yes. Good points. Also from you @MarkLabrosse.

Buffers have been a long time wish for us, which we also have empirical data on that supports the guidance referenced. We have it in the roadmap, with thoughts on having buffers connected with the building phase. Default values that can be edited, i.e. Competition - 25%, that you can override.

In addition to this is a bit longer term vision in terms of “trusting” the results is an “Accuracy Score”, that indicates the credibility of the calculation, taking various datapoints such as the buffer, construction type, materials mapped, Transport mapped, calculation prerequisites, and regulatory/certification etc.

That would be cool right? :wink: Reflections are welcomed. Still has to be intelligently figured out together with all of you - we will invite at least when we get there, but there are some steps, and the buffer is important.

@Julian3000 - This is partly a new thought, so your timing is perfect :wink: With the A4+A5 separation in BR18 (2025), we have this type of functionality in design, which we will now extend to make more flexible :wink: Good input to visualizing the data.

Thanks to both for quality input!

Nabil

2 Likes