Manually type data in empty "model"

Hi community

I’m working on a project, where I have imported data from Revit through a KON model and an ARK model. For the environmental data for installations, I would like to use default data from the danish building code (BR18). To have a clean LCA calculation, I would like to place these emissions under a separate “model” called K08 VVS.

After creating the “model”, I went to Material mapping > Type > Create grouping and created a custom building component type called “Afløb”, gave it bim code 52, created a material with an area equal to the reference area of the project and assigned the default data from BR18. When refreshing the page, there are no building component types under the “K08 VVS” model.

The data has been moved to the “arkitektur” model. Why is that?

I then thought that I would try to use the excel template instead. However, when uploading the excel file, the “K08 VVS” model isn’t available.

Am I doing something wrong? Is the “K08 VVS” file not activated, if I don’t use the speckle stream to import data to the model?

Hi @MarkLabrosse

Sounds like our system has had a hard time keeping up with your pace! :zap:
Is the K08 VVS model activated in the Project Settings?

If so, I think you have found a bug and we’ll try to replicate and come back to you asap.

Best,
Martin

I’m fast as lightning :man_running::zap: :wink:

Just went to Edit Project > Speckle Connection where it looked active.

But just refreshed the page, and then it was gone :sweat_smile:

Just made the VVS model from scratch again, and it seems to work now :ok_hand: There’s not a way to move a building component type from one model to another yet, right? I can survive without moving it, so this function isn’t high priority in my mind.

Alright, @MarkLabrosse
Sounds like we’re missing a wait async or a validation before it closes the page. Will report to the dev team.

At the moment there’s no functionality to move a building component type from one model to the other - but actually a good feature.

1 Like

This also seems to happen in general - unrelated to which model is used - when working in material mapping and then switching back to project dashboard… I’ve experienced a few times that some of the latest mapped materials revert back to an unmapped state.

yes please, I need that feature too.

1 Like